VS Messenger Project Overview
Runtime client-server system to provide secure communication between ATM-s, POS-s, work places of a credit card service and work nodes of the Bank Processing Center. Administrative application allows configuring and monitoring status of all connected nodes. WatchDog service monitors and controls all communication services of this system.
|Target server platform:||Windows NT/2000 Server, Linux.|
|GUI Framework (client and administrative tools):||MFC (C++).|
|Hardware software (POS terminals, ATM-s):||ANSI C++.|
|Data sources:||Oracle SQL server.|
|Security:||SSL, X.509 certificates.|
- Cross-platform server services developed using Java.
- This system is hierarchical heterogeneous network which connecting work paces (Windows, Linux) and hardware devices (POS-s, ATM-s).
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) was used as cryptographic protocol that provides security and data integrity for communications over this network.
- This system was integrated with company Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) which uses signed X.509 certificates.
- Time line : 2000 - 2002
- Resources: 2 Managers, 12 Developers and 3 testers
- Development methodology: adopted RUP