Overview of metering data acquisition and management software system
Client-server software solution provides energy metering data acquisition, evaluation and processing. Several Windows services with partitioned distributed data exchange structure provide an effective and scalable solution for energy metering system. Reporting and presentation of metering data and managed energy infrastructure is provided by Windows standalone applications with intuitive graphical interface.
|Target server platform:||Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2003 Server.|
|Target client platform:||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003 Server|
|GUI Framework:||.Net 2.0|
|Databases:||SQL server, Oracle, XML files.|
|Data access:||ADO.Net, XML parsers, OPC.|
- Data metering acquisition services using scheduler and OPC DA/HDA interfaces for metering data accessing at devices.
- Communication service provides a data exchange between clients and services.
- Preprocessing service provides a data preprocessing and evaluation for further analyses and reporting.
- Standalone GUI includes visualization of original metering and evaluation data using charts and tables and data reporting.
- Duration: October 2006 - October 2008
- Resources: 1 Managers, 6 Developers
- Development methodology: adopted RUP